top of page
SCC Players! Be A Part of Our Team!
SCC Players was founded in 2011 to support Music and Drama programs at Saratoga Central Catholic School. With many arts programs falling victim to budget cuts, Saratoga Central Catholic is in a unique position with a very strong, self-sufficient performing arts program. There
is always room for improvement, though. Many of our students go outside SCC to find the arts components that enrich their lives.
Akin to the Athletics Booster Club, SCC Players holds fundraisers in support of the performing arts programming at SCC. Our school year begins by developing the shell of the Playbill, the program used at all three productions during the school year. Advertising is sold to local
businesses and organizations to support the development of Playbill, with the promise of being in front of audience members throughout all productions. While the advertisements remained the same, the interior is changed for each production. Last year, refreshments and ticket sales
from “Murder is a Game,” “Matilda Jr.,” and “An Evening of One Acts” helped offset costs of each production, ending with a small surplus each time.
Additional fundraisers have included the Flapjack Fundraiser, courtesy of Applebee's, refreshments at basketball home games and a music benefit that has featured performances by the SCC Chorus and our very own family band, KAKT3. This year we will be hosting “A Murder Mystery Dinner and Dessert Theatre,” earmarked for new sun-resistant house window curtains.
All funds raised go back into programs at SCC. Our immediate wish list items include;
• Sound/Lights: Purchase additional wireless mics/new wires for use in plays and musicals and upgrade our sound and lighting equipment. Also, rewire and upgrade our light panel in the Parish Center. To work on the backstage facilities: window curtains, railings, shelves, general cleaning.
• Curtains: Complete the sewing and hanging of stage curtains from those donated by the Saratoga Music Hall, have the mainstage curtain dry cleaned and fire prevention dipped for safety, and invest in new fire/sunlight resistant house curtains.
To do this, we need your help. For the past eleven years, a small core group of parents have helped the Performing Arts program reach many goals. To continue growing, we need the help of many. Our goal is to raise $10,000 - $15,000 per year to cover the costs of the Performing Arts program and complete much needed repairs. If you can:
• Work the refreshment stand or sell tickets at the door of a show
• Sell advertising for Playbill and/or get Sponsorship
• Help find and write grant proposals and/or suggest other creative ideas
Finally, we are trying to reach outside traditional SCC and Saratoga marketing avenues. We try to focus on the established performing arts businesses in the Capital Region. Thinking outside the traditional fund raising “box” is greatly appreciated.
Pat Douglass and SCC Players
bottom of page