Naviance Family Connection
Naviance is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents.
SCC Naviance Link: http://connection.naviance.com/saratogacchs
Naviance Family Connection is a comprehensive website that can be used to help make decisions about colleges and careers. Features include:
- A number of innovative, easy-to-use, web applications for high school students to assist them with a variety of tasks; including career planning, college planning and the college application process.
- Links with Naviance Succeed, a service that SCC uses in the guidance office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, in order to provide up-to-date information that is specific to our school.
- Tools for planning and advising, build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research tools for colleges – compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school or students who have applied and have been admitted in the past.
- Access a large national and local scholarship database with the ability to search for scholarships.0
Prior to use, each student and parent must register as a new user and obtain their access code from guidance.
Naviance Tabs At a Glance
This page contains information and links that are valuable to the student’s grade level.
This page will contains information about course selection at SCC and course descriptions.
This page is where the student can research colleges across the country and other countries, request transcripts, track application process, research scholarships, and request letters of recommendation.
This page allows students to explore job outlooks, personality and career inventories.
This section contains a resume builder and portfolio builder, useful during the college and scholarship application process.
Students can use this to create timelines.